An entrance test followed by an interview is conducted at the University for admission to PhD and M.Phill. The students who have qualified UGC/CSIR(JRF)/SLET/teacher fellowship/GATE or have passed entrance tests for M.Phil/Ph.D can get direct admission on merit basis. In the interview, candidates may discuss their research interests. The allocation of supervisor will be done in a formal manner by the department based on the research interests of student, specialization of the faculty and in no case will be left to the student or teacher to decide on their own choice. All the admitted students have to undergo the course work of minimum one semester duration related to methodology of research work or review of literature. However, the course work may be carried out either within the institution or outside of it. Each student has to publish one research paper in a referred journal before submission of the thesis. Thesis so submitted will be evaluated by two examiners. Of these two experts, at least one shall be from outside the state.
The university provide the facilities for research work in the areas of Biotechnology, Management, Engineering, Environmental Sciences , Computer Science and Information Technology.INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONEIILM University is entering into a Academic Collaboration with the following reputed Universities:
• Netherlands Institute of Ecology (NIOO-KNAW) / Wageningen University, Netherlands;
• Sage Institution Chicago, USA;
• Alabama State University, USA.THE SCOPE OF COLLABORATION INCLUDES
• Preferential admission into graduate programs for EIILMU students.
• Exchange of faculty members for research, lectures, and discussions.
• Exchange of information in the area of scientific education and research, which is of mutual interest to both Universities.
• Joint research activities.
• Access to the various facilities of each University.